Beginner animators are in luck. Pivot, the popoular stickman animation tool, is no longer being updated and is not available on the Mac. Stykz comes to the rescue!
Stykz is very similar to Pivot. The few differences include:
1) the ablity to create new figures directly in the working window
2) a lack of an installed library
3) Stykz 1.0 when it is released will import Pivot 2 .stk files.
4) you can grow your figures as you go . No need to build seprate figures.
5) you can have multiple files open and copy and pate form one to another!
6) has a Hints window
Stykz was designed to be a superset of Pivot, attempting to incorporate all (or most) of the features that Pivot has to offer, plus adding additional features and making it available on multiple platforms.
Your password must have:
- at least seven characters
- at least one capital/uppercase letter
- at least one number
Here are some examples:
GoofBall001 gOOfball11 Sturgeon99 sturgeoN99
iATE my2cats HarryPotter8
*Grade Five studnts must ask a Tech teacher to have their passwords changed.
Grade Five and Six laptop carts are being rolled out soon. Here are some tips for students:
- handle with care
- be sure to exchange student ID for a laptop
- be sure to plug in when you return it
- use your USB to save your work as a backup
- handle with care]
If you have other tips, leave a comment
This school year at International School Manila we have so much more:
- Grade Five has been welcomed as part of our Middle School
- new laptop carts grades five and six
- four fully functionally computer labs(three setup with MacMini so that you can run Windows and Mac OS)
- new people: myself teaching the Grade Five and Six electives of iLearn and iDesign. Check out the pics. Mr. Chadwick integrating with Grades Seven and Eight as well coordinating MS Technology, and Mr Hoover, who will split his time with us and the high school.
Mr. Hoover Mr. Chadwick Mr. Sturgeon
Be sure to ask us any questions you may have!